Sing your song

As I’ve been spending more time in my garden recently, I’ve been treated to an increasing variety of birdsong.  The pretty tweeting of the smaller birds; bluetits, robins, sparrows and finches.  The louder more noticeable wake up call of the blackbird or its slightly more annoying warning call when a cat is close by.  The cawing of the crows, the screeching of the seagulls and even the occasional lone honk of a goose.  Each bird has its own voice, its own message, it’s own song to sing.

A new visitor to our garden is the Greater Spotted Woodpecker, which the Woodland Trust states is “not afraid to make itself heard”.  It is relatively quiet when it’s eating from our bird feeder but certainly when I walk through the woods, it’s distinctive sound of hammering as it’s beak hits wood is unmistakable.

We, too, each have a unique voice.  Some of us find it easy to express ourselves, others find it harder.  It took me many years to find my voice and I often feel as if I’m still seeking aspects of it.  Sometimes I find it easy to make myself heard and at others it feels like I’m whistling in the wind but I keep exploring and keep learning how to sing my own unique song.

I encourage you to find your voice too.  Whether your passion is justice, peace, encouragement, hope, beauty, love, or something else, find a way to make it heard in harmony with creation (even if it’s through the written word or imagery), so it becomes part of the beautiful and wonderful symphony of life.

Greater Spotted Woodpecker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the mist

Reaching for a Father's Love